Story behind your name? (and other [fluff] from me)

• While in school, the majority of my history classes was about WW 1 & 2. ‘Fritz’ is the nickname allied soldiers gave to their German counterparts in both wars. Fritz is actually the nickname for someone called Fitzgerald. ‘On the fritz’ is also an expression used to describe something that is either not working properly or cannot be repaired. I use to have an old TV in my room that was like that and I always referred to it as being ‘on the fritz’. https://youtu.be/pJxYnn56yQs I wish the video was an exaggeration of my old TV….. But no.:cold_sweat:

As for ‘Fokker’ , I used to be into single seat aircrafts and both ‘Fokker’ and ‘Focke-Wulf’ (currently defunct aircraft manufacturers) made my favorite aircrafts. I also figured that since people are eventually going to either make a joke or insult me, ‘Fokker’ is also a great punch line for either an insult or a joke. Since Guys like to make fun of each other. It’s best to have the upper hand. When someone calls me Fritz Fucker for example, I laugh harder than they do. Ha Ha! By coincidence I ended up with an actual first and family name.:astonished:
    So yeah..... Plenty of meaning behind my name. I apologize for the essay style response :disappointed_relieved:

• Masters

because it's my name (surname, i don't know , i always confuse this two words, well bad english) :)

• @Eric Yes. I too bad with imagination)

• @julia said in Story behind your name? (and other [fluff] from me):

@Eric Yes. I too bad with imagination)

I AM....

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• @DipShitStar дорогой мой. я ценю твой перфекционизм в отношении английского языка, поэтому именно с тобой буду общаться именно на русском. спасибо за ликбез.

• Masters

Should explain all.

0_1476741575280_whiskyglas-zigarette.jpg

• subbed74 came from the need to create a new username when I got my Xbox 360 in middle school. I used that forever. When I joined FD, I didn't like how [FD]subbed74 looked, so I went around searching for a new names to use. I wanted to do something related to space, and discovered the Soviet space program Venera. And then yeah... I've been wanting to use Arenev for a while too, so I use that too.

• On the idea behind my name in particular, I originally called myself TGunn at the start of me playing Sauerbraten. I stopped using TGunn and instead go for a more "full name" sort for a little more... original preference. (Seriously, look up TGunn.)

Before anyone asks, I came up with the name Timakrov before I learned about the Makarov pistol. As for me coming up with Gunn? Should be obvious.

GUNS!

• Masters

@Shikijo Kenshin is a good anime!

• Masters

I chose Øwl because I was originally playing Sauer with a group of friends who thought it would be cool to all have animal names that were either venomous or stealthy... then after I just never thought to change it. Also at the time i was learning danish and i got the Ø from their alphabet and my grandparents last name who were also Danish.

• @Øwl do you by any chance know "pigeons" and "rat" ? :D

• Masters

@Shikijo I know cat, turtle, and viper, and i knew rat but im not sure if he was in the original group or not. I dont remember some of the others names 😅

• @Timakrov-Gunn Ah. I was associated you with Atilla- leader of the Huns)

• Cocaine.

• @swatllama said in Story behind your name? (and other [fluff] from me):

Cocaine.

I value your honesty.

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• I've always had the name Pointblank, ever since I first downloaded cube (without wifi- it wasn't fun) , allthough lately I've tried other names such as Pointless and Kamikaze. Pointless is used primarily when I'm fed up with something I can't change, i.e. editting, ping, noobs, etc.
    I like to use Kamekaze when I feel like taking on the whole enemy team on my own, just wanting to go down kicking.
    My Ao1 tag is from my justice days. After I left the dwindling LnD clan (Legends never die-- I was the last member) , I wanted to start my own thing. I tried ARF (advanced rifle fighters) and maybe a few others before settling on the Army of 1, primarily because I did not expect any recruits.
    Unexpectedly, however, at one point there were actually 13 members on collect. Each member has their own tag based on the order they joined: Ao1 as the leader, Ao2 as second in command, Ao3 was the third person to join, Ao4 was fourth. The numbers didn't actually represent rank though, I respected and trusted them equally. However, lately none of the original team can be found and it's back to just me: the original one-man army.

(P.S. Nova, Whitefang, anyone else, Idk where you are, but it'd be awesome to bring the clan back: maybe just up to Ao6)

Ne cede malis

• @Ao1-Pointblank said in Story behind your name? (and other [fluff] from me):

I've always had the name Pointblank, ever since I first downloaded cube (without wifi- it wasn't fun) ,

tell me about it! i'm still on ethernet cables, they are such stable, much less noise even if they are wireless!

• @DipShitStar I downloaded the game without wifi. I used the arcane art of "dial-up". I believe the Neanderthals used it. Obviously, it was impossible to play on servers, so I only could do bot matches for over a year. It did increase my accuracy and feel for maps though. So when I got wifi, I already had substantial training.

Ne cede malis

• @Ao1-Pointblank My setup adapts a tv cable from the wall into a crappy modem, which is connected to an equally crappy router, which sits right next to my dad's cathode ray-tube tv causing constant interference. The service is Comcast basic, the worst class of service from the worst provider in the country. It is affordable though. Which is a big reason I play cube in the first place.

Ne cede malis

• @Ao1-Pointblank said in Story behind your name? (and other [fluff] from me):

@DipShitStar I downloaded the game without wifi. I used the arcane art of "dial-up". I believe the Neanderthals used it. Obviously, it was impossible to play on servers, so I only could do bot matches for over a year. It did increase my accuracy and feel for maps though. So when I got wifi, I already had substantial training.

Dial me up, before you go go