Le Discord voice and text chat

• administrators

As requested from some users, we now have voice and text channels on Discord.

Wtf is discord?
    It's a gaming-oriented voice and text messaging platform that has been adopted by many users in the Sauer community.

Htf do I use it?
    Get a Discord client or use it from your web browser: https://discordapp.com
    Join the Sauerworld server using the code 012c19bkwljlWsh3y or click https://discord.gg/012c19bkwljlWsh3y and you should see something like the following: 0_1480242712093_Pastaland discord.png

(don't mind the italian labels here and there, Discord will run on your own language)

Thanks to @Obstriegel for all the support on the Discord front.

• AND I'M THERE, TOO!

iwashere

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• And it's honor code to join the right voice chat (unless someone sets up some kind of bot)

edit: I am NOT telling or requesting anyone to do anything. Just stating facts.
    edit#2: If someone did decide to create a bot, they could probably find a way to access the information on sauertracker to compare players on each team. Then it could just move players to a certain room that they don't have permission to join anyway, so that they can't just join on their own. Or they join a room, but the bot compares your name with sauertracker and if you are there and on other team, it moves you to other room, and if you aren't there at all, it forces you to leave the room. Just throwing out ideas.

• just throwing up.

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• This post is deleted!

• @DipShitStar Attack #1 of the AntiStar Union has succeeded then

• Masters

@M16 in general this is possible but how do you know if the person on pastaland is the one in discord? It could only work for people who have a key for the server and the server has to provide the information. Someone could just use a fake name and cause people to get switched around.

And anyway... So far I have not seen any pastafarians using the voice chat.

Look at my horse my horse is amazing :horse_racing:

• yea I was thinking about that. I was more of thinking maybe only room you are able to join yourself is like a lobby, There, a bot asks for your name and cn. This sends to the server, and the server sends message or random passcode to that cn if his name is same as one provided. And then player has to give code to discord. but you are right, almost no one is on Discord

• no activity, but a room for every possible occasion. your horse :horse: is amazing.

• Was on discord voice chat for one and a half days total. Only had brief voice conversation with @M16. When you think about the fact that discord was just released last year and many people still don't know what it is, I say the turnout so far has been pretty good. Maybe some in game advertising might help but as I have already said, a lot of players do not know what Discord is and few of them visit Pastaland.

• @Fritz_Fokker I'd be glad to help advertise in chat for both discord and this forum.

Ne cede malis

• Masters

still wasn't able to have a voice chat on it but it looks like a great tool

• Masters

I've been on it a while too and no one on the pastaland chat but sometimes on the Sauer #1. I think the majority of people who play aren't on this website regularly and so they miss out on the advertisement and information about the voice chat. @GustavoLapasta could we make a notification for it on Pastaland? Perhaps, something along the lines of "Pro tip: Check out Pastaland voice chat on Discord!" Or just something similar to let them know it's there?

• Masters

@Øwl said in Le Discord voice and text chat:

I've been on it a while too and no one on the pastaland chat but sometimes on the Sauer #1. I think the majority of people who play aren't on this website regularly and so they miss out on the advertisement and information about the voice chat. @GustavoLapasta could we make a notification for it on Pastaland? Perhaps, something along the lines of "Pro tip: Check out Pastaland voice chat on Discord!" Or just something similar to let them know it's there?

Yeah, some advertisment wont be bad.

• Well, I already mentioned your problem some weeks ago. The issue is that you dont have a real community. Just have a look at this forum. There are roughly 10 people who are active here, but they dont operate in the same timezones. That is the core and pretty much your whole communinty, if you choose to call it like that. The majority of the people on the pastaland server however, are just strew dogs, who would play on any server as long as its full, no matter if its pastaland, or some server hosted by ownz or another shady person.
    Knowing this, I doubt that more advertisments would make a huge difference, because it is cleary a matter of interests and everybody who would have liked to take part in the community had plenty of chances already, as the forum has been advertised for quite a long time.

• how can even sweeper understand this, but you cute kittens in need of cuddles won't accept the reality?

• administrators

@Øwl the messages promoting discord are already there

• Masters

What sweep says it make sense, even tough i see quite a lot active members here. It could be nice to define what you think a community @Sweeper

• @DipShitStar said in Le Discord voice and text chat:

how can even sweeper understand this, but you cute kittens in need of cuddles won't accept the reality?

Did it originally say a misspelling of puC's?

• I think that having le discord text and chat for Pastaland was and still is a great idea. At the end of the day, we are simply keeping up with the times while giving all Pastaland and Sauerbraten users a central place to hang out. So thank you @GustavoLapasta and @Obstriegel for making it possible. To a large extent,I also agree with @Sweeper . Even I played on Pastaland server for a while before I registered on the website. We cannot just sit around and wait for someone to show up on discord, instead, we have been given a great opportunity to invite our friends for a chat while playing this exciting game. Discord has opened a lot of doors for us to become an even bigger community. We need to cook our own pasta rather than wait for someone else to cook it for us.

• @DipShitStar said in Le Discord voice and text chat:

no activity, but a room for every possible occasion. your horse :horse: is amazing.

Bitches wanted voice chat, star knew it's useless, bitches kept bitching.
    Bitches got voice chat, nobody uses it, bitches keep bitching

Breaking News: Star wins argument with reality.