Killstreaks?

• Something I often find myself wanting on pastaland is something quite common in almost any other game, and even most Sauer servers: killstreak notifications. I think these are great indicators of a player's skill, and show people just how awsome you are (as stated by Shikijo). I believe it was also Shikijo that pointed out killstreaks could be used to help determine if someone is cheating.

Ne cede malis

• administrators

@Ao1-Pointblank as for the cheating thing, the quarter match statistics should provide plenty of information. About the fancy kill streak notifications: most servers already provide those, I don't feel the need to make Pastaland look like Nooblounge or similar. Not to mention that the server is already verbose enough with the jokes.

• @Ao1-Pointblank said in Killstreaks?:

I believe it was also Shikijo that pointed out killstreaks could be used to help determine if someone is cheating.

There are more useful methods for that sort of thing like the tab statistics from community made clients like the Sauerworld Community Edition.

On the other hand, the killstreaks can be made into joking material as well. Just a suggestion.

GUNS!

• @Ao1-Pointblank said in Killstreaks?:

...bla bla bla i'm a kid bla bla.... I believe it was also Shikijo that pointed out killstreaks could be used to help determine if someone is cheating.

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• @GustavoLapasta I'm not suggesting they be used as the primary method of determining who is and who isn't a hacker. It's just a nice bonus.

Ne cede malis

• Back in MY day, I think I got a 60something killstreak on regen capture capture_night.

• @swatllama Nice job :)

Ne cede malis

• Masters

It would be a great feature if the Server would show such killstreaks (like on other Servers or old cube Version )... :) if this could be added it would be much more fun!
    pros: - easier detection of cheaters
    - Show other peoples skills

• Is it possible to do it clientside? I'd be content with that too lol

• @Shikijo I recall the Game Event Handler that might make such a thing possible clientside. Unfortunately, Quadropolis (the only source to get it as I know so far) doesn't seem to have it anymore.

GUNS!

• Lets all suggest unlimited features to make pastaland the greatest gameserver on earth !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• @DipShitStar you first :thumbsup:

• @Shikijo I preferr to deliver, not just talk.

• I don’t think we need a killstreak counter. Not to say that it is a bad idea, but, I just don’t see the point. Hmmm seems I am the odd one out with regards to this. Anyways…….. how about some of you coding experts start working on some mods? I am sure that this killstreak notification can be added to a mod (amongst other things), that way we can keep Pastaland as it is and only those who want the extra feature(s) can download the mod for it.

• @Shikijo I can make you a client side kill streak notification if you would like.

• @Shikijo uhhh uhhh uhhh, so can I! I make even more good features, long time, special price! Happy ending, like shag will do!