S(an)tar's fabulous Sack of Gifts

• Ok, so I've seen many requests and suggestions an I decided to quickly share my thoughts.

But before: note that if code is provided, it's not up to me to be implemented. Have a discussion about this and make sure you understand the consequences. (I'll devote some words, where I see problems)

Naw man, fuck that:

• Things such as #beer, #poke, #fap and what not are totally useless in my view and I leave this as an exercise for the upcoming server modders.

• removing team damage so just some no skill poor aim bitches won't get kicked by the ( in my view reasonable ) teamkillimit is a bad idea. won't touch that neither

• ingame chat translator: no. there is just no reliable option for this. not to mention the regurgitations that peeps nowadays call modern language.

Happy to be of service:

• The , what i call lagprotection, is almost ready, it only needs some quick adjustments and a trivial extention towards ping.
    • Note: This may drive users away. Pings and especially packet loss (which is embedded in the pj measurement) are very bad of most players on pastaland. Not only because they connect half way around the world, but mainly because of bad wifi and family shared connections.
    • Auto remove zombie spectators. I'm totally for it, but see the resilience here. I won't get to work, unless this is sorted out. Won't take long to write.

• Name protection. Yeah, that's a biggie, although I haven't seen lots of fakers around these days and don't really see a need for this here. At best, this would require all users, who want nameprotection to use a local pastaland authkey. I don't think I need to explain how support intensive this will quickly become, with tall those retard kids out there. (No7-Pointing any at anyone, here. Imagination is left blank.) It would also then be able to provide exclusive access to the server, such as a special set of commands, join a full server and the like. But, this will provide much extra work for @GustavoLapasta, so he has to sign off on this, first.

• teamkill notification. I seriously fear, that this will get lost between the senseless spam of jokes and tips. It either has to be REALLY excessive or there has to be a scheduling system for the messages, which at least contains attributes for urgency, repetition and targets (which user will see it). I'm prepared to do this, too, but gusto has to sign off once again, as his brainchild, the jokespam will suffer.

Any help help with the exception of a few, will be welcome. pm me.

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• Masters

Cool stuff, I agree with the "fuck that" list, especially tks, it's part of the game.
    Regarding spectators, maybe consider excluding them from user limit instead? I looked at sphagettimod code briefly and doesnt look hard to do.

• Santallama approves, but lag protection is very hard to get right.

• @swatllama right, i forgot to mention that it's already deployed on :: SPastaland ::. initial measurements agreed with what players experience and obviously you can only do one side of the communication.

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• DipShitsMas is over, any discussion results @Masters ?

• Are we talking about code that should be integrated in Pastaland?
    In this case, the only thing I'd be interested in is the lag protection; I've seen it at work in Spastaland, but as I told you via pm, I'd like to see how you measure the pj.
    If we are talking about general modules that should be made available in all Spaghettimod servers then it's a whole different story.

• it's kinda worthless to implement them in spaghettimod if the one server running it, won't use them....
    so for the time being, you can see this as pastaland only mods

• I'll take one #beer command, please! :hand_splayed_tone2:

• @Mr.Benz go ahead, i already said i'm not doing this shit and you are perfectly capable :/

• Can we haz lag protection already? On Pastaland? Plzzzzzzzzzz?

• Masters

NOPE! NOPE!! ..... NOPE!!!!!!

Noli nothis permittere te terere