Duomo or no Duomo that is the question

• today i learned that a great map Duomo has been taken off Pastaland. Myself i cant understand why people are so scared of a great map which takes some skill to master, yet are happy playing facecapture and dust every other map nearly. Large maps seem to scare regular players too, why i just dont know. Lately there seems to be 4 maps played continuously with an odd change in maps happening on the rare occasion. Come on guys learn all the maps instead of the 4 you know best. its more fun playing different maps than stuck on the same ones all day long.

• @lee-wales-uk I like duomo too. There are so many maps that have been taken out of rotation, and even plenty of custom downloadable ones too. Is there some way to add them?
    Anyway, I think Pastaland should at least give them a shot. Them remove them if they are really bad.

Ne cede malis

• @Ao1-Pointblank custom maps aren't easy to add as already mentioned by pastaman and everyone's fav star, but maybe we could have a revote if a lot of people want some old maps back..?

• @Ao1-Pointblank i totally agree its nice to play maps that dont get to see the light of day and even trying new maps would be good too.

• @Shikijo Duomo should be brought back and put into map rotation. its the only way to get players playing on other maps. sometimes you can play for 2-3 hours and only actually play 5-6 maps in total.

• well i agree. duomo is an interesting map, could be good for rugby.
    i still prefer dust2 on most days but could use a little duomo in my life.

• Masters

not my fav map but it's not that bad
    no excuse to remove when the cancer that is face capture is still in the map pool

• hands off the face capture ! :)

• @lee-wales-uk said in Duomo or no Duomo that is the question:

today i learned that a great map Duomo has been taken off Pastaland. Myself i cant understand why people are so scared of a great map which takes some skill to master, yet are happy playing facecapture and dust every other map nearly. Large maps seem to scare regular players too, why i just dont know. Lately there seems to be 4 maps played continuously with an odd change in maps happening on the rare occasion. Come on guys learn all the maps instead of the 4 you know best. its more fun playing different maps than stuck on the same ones all day long.

Duomo does not seem to be a very popular map ( based on the census so far ).Maybe this post might be of interest. Please contribute your own list. But, for the sake of clarity; refrain from any discussion(s) and/or keep comments to a minimum.

• hey @lee-wales-uk my friend! where you from?

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• I would totally play duomo

• Ok, at next server restart I'll enable Duomo map. Let's give it a second chance, even though it was already discarded for systematically emptying the server.

• @GustavoLapasta Perhaps consider taking off hallo. It isn't balanced properly for rugby.

Ne cede malis

• @Ao1-Pointblank said in Duomo or no Duomo that is the question:

@GustavoLapasta Perhaps consider taking off hallo. It isn't balanced properly for rugby.

This issue has been brought up before. A vote was taken and here are the results.

• @negus that map is as irritable as a boil on the backside lol

• @julia campcapture is the most horrible crappy camping map in the history of sauer lol id rather poke my eyes out with a fork than play that map but i have to play it when it shows as theres never a fork around

• @DipShitStar antartica lol

• @GustavoLapasta great news :)

• @Ao1-Pointblank halo like the other large maps is good. players seem to like tiny maps better. lazy sods get tired running around the large maps im guessing lol

• @lee-wales-uk No, its the fact that the team spawning in the cathedral part are at a disadvantage, especially if they do not know how to riflejump to the roof. Defense is nearly impossible if you get a team like this. Enemies call sneak in easily through the back windows, and passing from the cliff, water or roof is too easy, and too hard to stop. It is a great ctf map, running included. Just no good for rugby.

Ne cede malis

• administrators

@Ao1-Pointblank as @Fritz_Fokker pointed out, the discussion about Hallo has already been closed.

Anyway, Duomo has been restored in the map rotation. You can also suggest it with /map duomo