Shutting down Pastaland

• For a few weeks there's been rumors, so I'll make it clear: I don't have time anymore to follow this server and I will not renew the contract for it at the end of February.
    The Pastaland.ovh domain is still paid for about 6 months so I'll keep this forum alive (at least for the Tesseract section).

I'll be more than glad to help if anyone wants to set up another spaghettimod server, although the "Pastaland" name is not to be used anymore on a server.

• Masters

It's very unfortunate that the state of recent events have led to this. Thank you though Gustavo for having created such a fun server, even if it could not last forever.

• Masters

Oh no :(

Well it was the most fun server I ever played, thank you for all you've done @Gustavo.

About spaghettimod, could you write here some of your experience and tips hosting a sauer server?
    I can set up a vps and have general sysadmin skills but not sauer specific so any sauer specific info a server admin would need to look out for would be welcome and maybe useful for others too.

• administrators

@negus speghettimod is not the easiest server mod to set up, but it's quite powerful and a great learning experience.
    http://pastaland.ovh/topic/244/pastaland-ingredients
    http://www.sauerworld.org/how-to-install-spaghetti-mod-on-debian-8/
    Feel free to contact me if you get stuck somewhere.

• @GustavoLapasta If the forum is going down, perhaps we could create a free alternative. Perhaps Google plus? I know that site is a bit of a meme, to say the least, but it could work and I for one would be satisfied. Just some place for the remaining pastaplayers to comunicate. There is always discord, if people prefer that, but it requires a separate app for phones. G+ can be operated from any browser. Discord might have this feature too, but the choice is up to you guys. Whatever site/forum you pick, i will find a way to be there too. (For better or for worse)

Ne cede malis

• Thank you @GustavoLapasta for creating such an amazing server. Your efforts brought pleasure to many. The time you spent on the ‘Pastaland project’ made it a fun place to be. All political nonsense aside, you made cube2: Sauerbraten great again.

When all is said and done, I hope that Pastaland is never forgotten but instead remains a pleasant memory of what use to be; the good old times.
    :flag_it: :spaghetti:

• administrators

@Ao1-Pointblank I'll keep this forum alive as a companion for the Tesseract mod, which is still running. And of course also to preserve all the other content that must not be lost.

• administrators

@Fritz_Fokker if I ever had one ability was just to take the best of other people work and glue it together. Pastaland is a community effort of dozens of people, you all made it great.

• Thank you for all the time, blood, sweat, money, and opportunity cost (in form of missed pasta meals) you put into this project. I loved the server, and I will continue to love pasta!

It's also good to know that the forum lives on for some more.

Cheers :beers:

• Masters

@GustavoLapasta there are tons of people willing to provide a replacement server. Why don't you provide the public keys here or somewhere so the army of masters you recruited in the past can continue their work on one of these new servers?

• Masters

@Obstriegel Looks like public keys are in the pastaland repo

• @Ao1-Pointblank said in Shutting down Pastaland:

@GustavoLapasta If the forum is going down, perhaps we could create a free alternative. Perhaps Google plus? I know that site is a bit of a meme, to say the least, but it could work and I for one would be satisfied. Just some place for the remaining pastaplayers to comunicate. There is always discord, if people prefer that, but it requires a separate app for phones. G+ can be operated from any browser. Discord might have this feature too, but the choice is up to you guys. Whatever site/forum you pick, i will find a way to be there too. (For better or for worse)

YES! FREE ALTERNATIVE!!! AND DON'T USE www.sauerworld.org -_-

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• alt text

• Several hours after being temporarilly disconnected from the PSL server earlier today, Fraggin hinted that fearless (a.k.a. friendless) was the one who disconnected me. If this is true, it's going to be very difficult for certain players to have decent sessions. These players are obviously the ones that fearless decides hurt his ego and must be quashed... Whatever. The problem is, lately, my craptastic ISP has been providing very low grade service which randomly cuts out every 10-20 minutes. So I cannot tell what is an attack and what is my bad service. This does not really affect me, but others who are used to good internet may be targeted too soon.
    Also, thank you Star for recommending sauerworld. I now have an account there and will use it as a fallback to this site.

Ne cede malis

• fallback....

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• @GustavoLapasta you and your whole team gave me a rare treat. if someone said me before, what I'm going to play, I would have just laughed.. but you managed to create a truly harmonious and warm energy world. I am grateful to you. I wish you to create new worlds. you are the Сreator...

• Aman!

• For the next server admins, use Pastaland and DEMOPHOBIA as prime examples of how not to run a server.

• @swatllama how so?

Ne cede malis

• @swatllama I agree

• Masters

Yeah Thank you for your time and the server and your great work. I can agree to the people who say the army of masters is to big. I will hope there will be another good server hosted now.
    ggs
    hamon