Balancing of teams

• This thread was created to discuss the issue of balancing of teams by @Fragment

• It may be a good idea to put skill balance on server instead of balancing the numbers on team, I remember some servers used to have it.. don't know if its feasible here.

• Masters

About balancing and forcing balance:

• master can switch to smaller team. Master need to force him self to forget fun and „loose some points“ by switching. He has duty to be first between equals.

• as i found my self in possition to force balance, it is process of counting what team is smaller and what color (evil od good) is marked, then clicking in GUI to chose master menu, then spectating and filtering players by color... I doubt someone with master key (years of play, moral, adult person) is calculating „is he need better player for his team to switch“, or „worst player to give to enemy team“.

• Rugby servers are about team work. Sometimes you have a great team sometimes the team sucks. It happens. Balancing teams based on skills would mean a constant shuffling of players during the game as players enter and leave the server.

Consider this:
    Say your team is about to reach the magic 10 points and you've scored at least 2 of those points , suddenly cletus from the opposing team decides to quit the game. You @Fragment are automatically sent to the losing team to 'skill balance' . At that exact moment your original team scores 10 points and wins.
    Not only are you all of a sudden on the losing team but you actually scored two points against your new team ( sort of an :cry: :soccer: own-goal :soccer: :cry: situation).

In my opinion balancing teams based on the number of players per team is the most straightforward and fair option. I do see you point though. But it will cause a lot of issues between players and take away interest in the game.

• Masters

try to balance if you can Masters........ in the meantime... just play the fucking game and have fun!

Noli nothis permittere te terere

• @Fritz_Fokker maybe try it temporarily and see how the players like it

• Masters

In my opinion, it should be left as it is, at first I thought it was a good idea, but with all the debate this has caused I think the people that always say "balance" have no motive to work hard, like they have given up. Think of it like this, if you were in a rugby match just because you are losing you can't ask for one member of the opposite team to come to yours, it's the way it is, and if you are losing think of it as a learning step, watch what others are doing, then try to do it yourself.

• This whole balance thing started 3 or 4 years ago. Before that, there were also people that asked for balance, but this happened in extreme cases. Nobody would have gotten the idea, to panic, because of 1 or 2 people. In my opinion it is mostly a mentality issue, as I have said already in the other thread. A new generation of newbies. Spoiled people that want everything, but with minimal effort. When I started to play this game, there was a consensus, that it is considered to be rude to leave the server in the middle of a game. The only exceptions were things like calls. Nowadays, people can not deal with frustration anymore. They leave as soon as they start to lose. The other people that stay on the server, have a similar mindset. They do not leave, but they blame the other players for their situation. They are unable to reflect on their own actions. A rational player, would simply continue to play the game. A slight difference in numbers, does no affect the result. Besides the teams will be balanced at the start of the next map. This hysterical demand for balance, is unnatural and irrational. The other players are not there to please you. They just want to play the game. Even if your chances decrease by 2% it is not the end of the world. Just work a little bit harder... Sometimes I wonder if these people have jobs. How do they manage to live? The world is a pretty rough and cruel place. There is not always equality, justice. You will have to learn how to deal with it. The "balance-cult" is just narcissism. People that are unable to take responsibility.

• yeah i remember that funny sauer logs .. by shakazulu

• I know from time to time, even I ask for balance, but that's only for two things; either the team is down to like an 1/8 of the other team, or worse on my part, just to get the wusses to keep quiet and play the game.

At this point, though, I could care less anymore. I'm just more concerned for just fragging, no joke, though I will play more for the team if I can recognize a valid team player. Besides, this isn't some fancy competition like the Counter Strike Competitive events, is it?

@Fragment I agree with Fritz... along with manual freedom.

GUNS!