[Suggestion] Delete gubo

• Masters

Remove gubo.Remove gubo.Remove gubo.Remove gubo.Remove gubo.Remove gubo.Remove gubo.Remove gubo.
    Remove gubo.Remove gubo.Remove gubo.Remove gubo.Remove gubo.Remove gubo.Remove gubo.Remove gubo.

Player number when gubo is started:

Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.
    Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.Delete gubo.

• Masters

:grinning: déjà vu

• @Obstriegel No.
    Xenon instead.

Ne cede malis

• no put rugby back to normal + the 5 second rule for flag pass and release it to the masses

• Xenon is only a good map for regen capture with large groups of players. Gubo isn't really good at all for any game mode, as it is like fighting in a box.

 Apple user since 1980

• Masters

@gibby Gubo. this map is needed since it is radically different from the others. Yes. closed space, interaction in crowdedness makes you think faster. do you like azzart and virtuosity?)
    the meaning is not in the number of frags, but in the correct tactics. A smart team is able to capture the flag and bring it to the base in the reinforced concrete defense of the enemy. but it seems to me sometimes that 50% of players do not look at the radar, unfortunately

• @julia Don't forget chainsaw parties! :smiling_imp:

GUNS!

• Masters

"float like a butterfly sting like a bee"

• Instead of deleting maps, add more. If they are bad, people will be smart enough to not vote for them, or dumb enough to not know what's wrong with them. The less interference by admins, the better. Let people make their own decisions. If they make bad votes, then the people that disagree can wait for 10 minutes or less.

Ne cede malis

• Masters

@Ao1-Pointblank This is typical American. The government is bad. We want freedom!

The problem is there is not much choice when people are just happy with the last round, forget to suggest new maps and the server gives you two options: "gubo" or "killcore3". For some people this is like choosing between pest or cholera.

To prevent I have an idea which is also already very old but was never implemented: Server keeps a list of suggested maps and does not suggest them fast in a row. So more different maps are suggested. Because often we end up with the same stuff over and over again.

Adding more maps is cool. Absolutely. If you have suggestions please post them but there are a few which are proven to be "server killers". People just leave when they appear. You should keep in mind here that not all maps are intended to be played in ctf. A big map like xenon is something I can imagine to be fun in (regen)capture. But it is frustrating in an insta ctf mode.

• @Obstriegel It might still be quite difficult to find the right map to suggest even with that idea. It could be because there is too few/many players, or people suggesting the maps don't know/forgot about the maps that they want.

I don't think Gubo is bad at all, with the exception that it's a small map that doesn't quite support more than, say, 6 players in total. Anyone more and it'll either become a chainsaw fest, or the quickest way to get kicked out from teamkilling.

My suggestion is that the list of suggested maps provided by the server gets a condition check, like based on the number of players that are present and if the map was already played. A server of 20 players is not going to have a perfect time in small maps like gubo, and a server of 6 is going to see a lot of walking more than fighting in big maps, even with rugby. However, that would require some hard coding, wouldn't it?

GUNS!

• Masters

Obst. do not forget that you need to rest sometimes. take care of your strength.

• Masters

@Timakrov-Gunn Map selection based on player number is already in place for years but it is not used very well I think. Up to 14 players it choses small maps then "normal" maps where gubo is also in:

local normalctfmaps = table.concat({
    "abbey akroseum arbana asgard authentic autumn bad_moon berlin_wall bt_falls campo capture_night catch22 core_refuge core_transfer damnation desecration dust2",
    "eternal_valley europium face-capture flagstone forge garden hallo haste hidden infamy kopenhagen l_ctf mach2 mbt1 mbt12",
    "mbt4 mercury mill nitro nucleus recovery redemption reissen sacrifice shipwreck siberia snapper_rocks spcr subterra suburb tejen tempest",
    "tortuga turbulence twinforts urban_c valhalla wdcd xenon fc5 duomo killcore3 frostbyte caribbean gubo"
    }, " ")

-- small maps!
    local smallctfmaps = table.concat({
    "abbey arbana authentic autumn bad_moon campo capture_night catch22 dust2",
    "face-capture flagstone forge garden forgotten haste l_ctf mbt1",
    "mbt4 mercury mill nitro redemption reissen tejen tempest",
    "turbulence twinforts fc5 killcore3 frostbyte caribbean gubo"

• @Obstriegel It was already in place? I didn't even notice it in place at all. :slight_frown:

GUNS!

• Masters

@Timakrov-Gunn Yea that is because the list is crap.
    There is also bad_moon as "big" or normal map in the list...

• Masters

I'm not sure it should be removed. Definitely not my fav but it has its moments.
    Please also consider same for facecap.