[Suggestion] Anti Unbalanced Start

• Masters

this is a trivial example. there is no numerical balance. so what?0_1531680257701_cwrD6_Hm_Qw.jpg

• @julia I don't recogize the player smiles, and I'm pretty sure you and shag can take care of yourselves.

Ne cede malis

• You should be able to tell very easily when you are winning due to a number advantage.

Ne cede malis

• Masters

@Ao1-Pointblank no. this is not an advantage. the phenomenon has a form and content. the result depends on the content. I do not see the point of discussing further

• @julia me neither. It would be useless to argue further.

Ne cede malis

• 14 flags scored? alt text
    idk, I believe you (julia/shag) could make things better. just simply move either of you to the other team and take one of the players from that team. you see, they cant kill, they cant score but both of you can do either of these things.

@julia at the beginning of the game it's better to have balanced teams at least by the number of players. That's the main point of the opened topic here. you talk more about things that happen in the middle of the game when people leave to eat, pee or simply out of boredom or due to the bad connection. this can be only balanced manually by masters or people themselves, and surely not by the number players in the teams but by the scored flags and the main team skill.

I rarely play public games but when I do, sometimes I see like 8 players play against 5 but the team with these 5 have more flags than the other. and some silly people scream BALANCE BALANCE like this would make things better... unless they mean to move 1 player from the team with 5 players to the team with 8 players :D

• @miu yeah, teams that can hold their own against a team with a 2 or more number advantage are awesome. And of course not every game needs to be balanced. It would suck if a server script did that automatically to a random person, no? What we need are nice people ready and willing to switch for the occasions they are needed. :p

Ne cede malis

• Masters

@miu вероятно, в зачет идут пасы тоже)

• Masters

@miu 14 flags means they passed 4 times. One pass give an extra flag point.

And well I can just compare this with my beloved game "Natural Selection 2". There is a pre game phase in which people can use any weapon but not harm each other. it is clear that the game has not started. If you are not sure you press TAB and see that the time does not change. Also there teams are shuffled so often based on your ELO rating until teams are fair.

@Ao1-Pointblank once again we are talking only about giving people time to disconnect or change to spectator. You can exclude forced team changes here besides one exception I will explain later.

I am trying to get some statistics for this but it is difficult.
    Some numbers:

At 33736 map changes 58076 people disconnect within the first minute (first minute is not correct here, it is an estimated value). That is only an average of 1.72 players!
    At the same time 57821 people join. So they make up for those leaving right? :D
    One value is missing, that is 9874 people being put into spectator because they simply do not move when the new map starts.

Now I tell you all those averages are useless because there are so many cases where balance goes wrong.

Mon Jun 12 14:06:28 2017 | new insta ctf on dust2
    Mon Jun 12 14:06:28 2017 | gc: 72348 KiB -> 57620 KiB
    Mon Jun 12 14:06:30 2017 | disconnect: [RUSS]julia (24)
    Mon Jun 12 14:06:30 2017 | leave: [RUSS]julia (24)
    Mon Jun 12 14:06:46 2017 | status: 22 remote clients, 221.8 send, 19.2 rec (K/sec)
    Mon Jun 12 14:06:57 2017 | svastika54: lol
    Mon Jun 12 14:07:15 2017 | ImaginePeace: fck
    Mon Jun 12 14:07:38 2017 | autospec 3(WrongGuy)
    Mon Jun 12 14:07:38 2017 | autospec 27(Christina_T)

(julia leaves, multiple people just don't move and get put in spectator)

If this happens on the same team, even if you have 20 players you end up easily with a 10 vs 5 within the first minute...
    The worst part is really the people who do not disconnect but just stop moving. So the game appears to have the same amount of players but they just left the keyboard.

Sun Jun 11 22:38:33 2017 | new insta ctf on twinforts
    Sun Jun 11 22:38:40 2017 | leave: arCABAL (4)
    Sun Jun 11 22:39:23 2017 | leave: SmokeIt (2)
    Sun Jun 11 22:39:49 2017 | leave: Ao1|Pøint|SM| (0)
    Sun Jun 11 22:40:36 2017 | leave: VoiceOfTruth (3)
    Sun Jun 11 22:40:42 2017 | leave: noreallife (10)
    Sun Jun 11 22:40:45 2017 | leave: Bukkake (5)
    (and nobody joining)

I don't have to comment on this one.

Then there is a third problem regarding autospec. Let's say 3 players are put into spectator and some others join, they are put into the team with less players. But when those who were put into spectator decide to come back they are not reassigned. The rule of not being able to join a team which already has more players does not apply. Not directly related but it should also get fixed in my opinion.

Kind Regards,
    Obstriegel