Pastaland app?

• Masters

Just throwing this idea out here. Yes? No? Who, what, when, where, how?
    It may be easier to have an app for pastaland rather than keep this website. (Or both, whatever) I’ve noticed I’m on this forum less because I have to open a browser and constantly login each time. Also, I don’t get notifications like you would on an app. What do you guys think about making an app for this website? I am willing to do it. Or if anyone wants to help or do it themselves feel free. Like I said just throwing the idea out there. Leave some feedback!
    -Morty

• Masters

An app would be nice... i say... ESKETIT!

• I am not a fan of having apps per website since my phone is old/runs slow and im on my pc most of the time anyway, but the nodebb guy made an app for his forums which he says is free to be modified for your purpose : https://community.nodebb.org/topic/6560/nodebb-android-app
    But then will you make an ios app too? I feel that would be effort wasted

• Masters

you can access this forum from your phone too but what is the purpose of this app? Having an app for just pastaland seems too much. If the app has to offer something more i wouldn't mind it.

• Masters

"I need an app for that".
    Kids these days...

Fuck off.

• @Obstriegel did you forgot to take your weed? whats with that response man

• @Obstriegel said in Pastaland app?:

"I need an app for that".
    Kids these days...

Fuck off.

"Old people these days" :p

But seriously, what's easier? Hosting this site by itself or running it alongside an app that may also require maintenance?

GUNS!

• Masters

old Russian anecdote about admins ..
    the son comes to the father - Dad, why does the Sun rise every day in the East, but comes in the West?
    Dad tearing himself away from the keyboard and looking with a cloudy look at his son

• the sun...
        - yes
        - rising in the east ...
        - yes
        - comes to the west ...
        - yes, Daddy
        - everyday?!
        - yes...
        - and for a long time so?
        - well, I do not know ... always ...
        - son, do you know what.... if it works - do not touch!

• Masters

@Obstriegel Feckin right mate.. enough of this Millenial shit!

Noli nothis permittere te terere

• Masters

I thought about it again and yes it is great when we place tons of ads in it to cover the server/domain whatever costs.
    And yea I think it would be cool when there was something like this for more than just pastaland.
    Like sauertracker. but sauertracker is also already mobile friendly. Discord is too.

So thinking about it a third time and considering the number of users it is probably not worth the effort. I believe on most smartphones you can set a link as icon too. And this website is already web 3.0 ajax mobile with responsive design.

• @Obstriegel Is there progress? Need help? I alredy create some app for my workplace, testing.