"BlackGuy" renamed for racist reasons by Tuta

• Masters

@julia That looks superb!

I was thinking about getting this model:
    0_1541318509558_stream_img.jpg
    https://www.itv.com/news/2017-12-07/firefighters-spend-hour-freeing-youtube-prankster-who-cemented-head-in-microwave/

@bertolt_brecht what what? what about you? where are you from? I am sure I hate something about you and your country and all of you too!
    cmmon tell me! Do you have a big nose? I bet you do just like your mother. Because she is a witch! Hahaha

0_1541319659295_39f8bbe9f16ff7bfe50304f388e32dfa.jpg

Edit: Oh I see you connect from the UK? Hahaha, did you know you will not be able to make a sandwich anymore when you exit the EU? You do not even make cheddar yourself. 82% come from ireland. 60% of the pork IMPORTED. Tomatoes: 4/5 IMPORTED. Lettuce, you produce 13500 tons but IMPORT 192500 tons!
    But you make Bread. Well you can still put your disgusting vinegar on it hahahah
    (source: https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-will-kill-the-sandwich/

• Masters

@Obstriegel hahaha you deserve the asshole role. You are trying hard!

p.s I am from Greece. :flag_gr: But i live in a country which doesn't make cheddar.

• Masters

@Cowboy said in "BlackGuy" renamed for racist reasons by Tuta:

Furthermore, you babies are worried about this type of stuff instead of that which actually hurts the integrity of the game! About a week ago, I was playing with a guy who has a script written where his saw is showing at all times except when he shoots, then it switches to his rifle and back. [...] Glad we are worried about the biggest issues in the game…. Names. [...]

While you might not like it, it is part of the game. You are free to write a script for that yourself or I wirte it for you:
    /bind q [ow = $getweapon; setweapon RI; attack; onrelease [setweapon $ow]]
    You can replace q with MOUSE1 for example but here I used Q. Select chainsaw and by pressing the button you switch to rifle shoot and switch back. Seriously this is a widespread method used in other modes like effic to fire for example chaingun, then quickly just one rocket and switch back to chaingun. So stop whining please.

You can carry out this even with a simple flip of the mousewheel. Do you want weapon switching banned completely? The game allows it. If you feel bad about it you have to tell that to the developer of the game and not some other players or server-operators.

• Masters

Bring back the "Asshole" Reason for a 7 day Ban!!!

Noli nothis permittere te terere

• Couple of things I still wanna say about this:

1. To everyone saying I should just use another nickname... Really?
      You really need to learn the difference between "racial" and "racist". "Black" is a racial term, but in no way derrogative. It's just an objective physical characteristic. If I had used the name "BlondeGirl" no one would have cared. If I can be blonde, I can be black. If you say otherwise you have issues. (It would be a different matter if I was using chat eg. to portray a stereotype black man or whatever, but I wasn't even talking).

2. To everyone asking if I'm actually black:
      Why does that even matter? It's the goddamn internet. If I wanna identify as a flying burrito, I can. No one's questioning if @Cowboy is actually a cowboy, or if @Galaxy is an actual star-system. Anyone can be anything. so why would make any difference at all if I'm actually black or not?

• Masters

Miu is right. I dont feel i do anything wrong. I made 5-6 mistakes in past which i regret, feel bad and sorry. Not now. I feel like i do less than master should do in same situation. This person "someguy" we debate here is adult troublemaker in every way. I believe in that, nothing can change my mind, sorry. Accused person, me, I was not chosen for my quality to have master key. I was chosen for my quantity - Im aware of that, and i dont hide that fact. I played sauerbraten istactf day to day. Sorry i did not manage to do what was demanded from me.
    Suma sumarum: takin away master "privilege" from tuta is not end of the world, our friendship or having fun. It can prevent bad things in future. Decide, do it and have good time.

• Masters

Oh, i almost forgot to add something aboutmentioned Serbs barbarians:
    0_1541591540786_barbarian.jpg

• @tuta Hey tuta, keep cool. I have no idea why this "thing" is going that high. Really looks like a troll, ignore him. And, btw, i have never seen something wrong from your side. Greetings

• @tuta could you ellaborate why you think you took the right actions?
    I'm just trying to understand your reasoning so we can all learn from it.
    What was wrong with my name, and how was "ArabGuy" better?

• In @TUTA defense, I believe, while in the wrong, not so in the wrong to revoke his mastery privileges, he is just caught in the cross hairs of the frustration we have of a lack of accountability, while we get harsher penalties here as the sheep. We just want to see that we get fair and equal treatment.

• Masters

the circus has already left. but the clowns remained

• Masters

Why are still talking about this?

• Masters

• Masters

I must say bravo @tuta to act so calm. I would have just lifetime banned SomeGuy instantly for his nonsense blabbering now that I saw the chatlog. That is against our rules as he disturbs the game.

Yea it is maybe not the best thing to not have all rules in public yet.

But the rules are simple:

• Apply common sense and try not to provoke people. You can disable the chat in the options completely.
    • Play the game, try not to teamkill (last time I got banned for TK is 7 years ago)

Most of the sheeple, we call them Bratlinge now, have fun playing, they do not start fights over nonsense. They enjoy some good games.

@SomeGuy @Cowboy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFh71YwZ4Y
    I love when I can do some crossposting over multiple platforms with different reasons. You see here the masked lady represents the Overlords in the game. You are the Sheeple Bratling at 0:52 which has to be put into the line again.

If you have your own flat or house you would know that there is something what we call "Hausrecht" in German.
    It means that the owner(s) can decide who gets in and who stays out. Same with a doorman at a club. You are not paying for the service that is provided to you nor do you organize anything or write a single line of code to keep the party going. There is no human right that allows you to play on this private server.

Like in the video where the masked lady ultimately depends on the people she sits on this only works while people love to play in the places we create and administrate. Feel free to start a revolution.
    Players are our foundation. And unlike in the video nobody has to look at the ground all the time, everyone can become a super master Overlord and help to maintain a fair game.

My personal goal is to make a maximum amount of people happy and keeping it somewhat challenging which is why we try and implement for example ranged rugby.

I am always happy to see that so many people enjoy what we do and am so thankful for all the Overlord masters who spend their free time helping where they can without receiving one cent for it.

Kind Regards,
    Obstriegel

• Re: "BlackGuy" renamed for racist reasons by Tuta

@Obstriegel said in "BlackGuy" renamed for racist reasons by Tuta:

I must say bravo @tuta to act so calm. I would have just lifetime banned SomeGuy instantly for his nonsense blabbering now that I saw the chatlog. That is against our rules as he disturbs the game.

Nonsense blabbering? Really? Do you mind copy-pasting those logs here when you accuse me of such things? Someone started messing with my name, all I asked was an explanation which I never got. Given the circumstances I was extraordinarily polite. If you really don't understand why I was pissed try turning off your white privilege and put yourself in the shoes of a minority. If I was distracting people from the game with my chat messages, they could have disabled chat or used /ignore if they so choose, as you pointed out below.

While you're in the logs, look for the alleged "complains about (possible) racism in nick." tuta was referring to. You won't find them, it's a fucking lie, he's just making up excuses.

But the rules are simple:

• Apply common sense and try not to provoke people. You can disable the chat in the options completely.
    • Play the game, try not to teamkill (last time I got banned for TK is 7 years ago)

So, which rule did I break exactly? I was minding my own business enjoying the game in silence before tuta felt the need to un-black my name. If you consider a black identity to be provokative you were born 80 years too late.

You're right about your "Hausrecht", you do whatever you want with your server, I agree. FYI I never asked or expected for tuta's rights to be removed. But Hausrecht doesn't mean I can't point out stupid shit that happens.
    You do you man, ban everyone who isn't a straight white male. While you're at it burn some crosses in the yard. It's your yard after all.

• @SomeGuy I apologize. I jumped in to try and help you, and because of that we have been ousted and labeled as clowns. I can't for the life of me figure out how we are wrong in our arguments, even if mine may have been a little more extreme than needed.

• Masters

@SomeGuy You broke rule number 1. You were acting silly about a stupid name change. Why don't you rename to SomeGuy or another name that does not get you into trouble?

Clearly because you want to provoke. That is what trolls do.

I can say my clan (!s) is almost 8 years old now and we have black people, brown people, white people, yellow people, I believe some are also green people, like aliens. We also have two people from "the arab world" Kuwait and Syria. South-Africa too. We even had a Japanese guy with an extraordinary kill-finger.

The masters here are also coming from around the world.

"straight" hmm then I have to tell you I have someone gay in my family. He has a gorgeous huge bedroom with a big waterbed and some mirrors. Like while fucking you can see yourself or your partner from different perspectives.

So you see your argument of only allowing "straight white males" is pure nonsense.

Also no I do not burn crosses or jews or whatever.
    You are allowed to express your religious believes if you want to but when you aggressively try to pm people saying "read the Bible/Quran or whatever" effectively annoying people we will take measures as we did before.

all I asked was an explanation which I never got.

There is a big problem with "blackguy" I saw in the logs.
    This name was used before to massively teamkill people and trying to evade the automatic TK-bans.
    THIS is what I described earlier: taking a name with is associated with some group race/religion whatever and then trying to make it look bad by acting like an asshole so people say "ban blackguy". That is where you or the person behind the name starts racist evil behavior (see log below).

Our masters are aware of such problems which is why they can ask you to change your name and enforce it if needed.

If I was distracting people from the game with my chat messages, they could have disabled chat or used /ignore if they so choose, as you pointed out below.

It is 20:1 here. I was asking you to ignore the chat.
    You are trying to turn things around here and ingame:

Thu Nov 1 20:49:59 2018 | blackguy: use /ignore then
    Thu Nov 1 20:50:03 2018 | blackguy: use /ignore then
    Thu Nov 1 20:50:03 2018 | blackguy: use /ignore then

Since you asked for logs:

Thu Nov 1 18:07:34 2018 | blackguy <evil>: I tk
    Thu Nov 1 18:07:55 2018 | Kretren: ban blackguy..
    Thu Nov 1 18:08:01 2018 | blackguy: no one care kretren
    <disconnect reconnect>
    Thu Nov 1 18:10:37 2018 | join: blackguy (7) xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Thu Nov 1 18:11:38 2018 | blackguy: no u
    Thu Nov 1 18:11:56 2018 | blackguy: you're the one freaking out I'm just having fun
    Thu Nov 1 18:12:56 2018 | leave: blackguy (7) xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx:xxxx kicked/banned
    <disconnect reconnect>
    Thu Nov 1 20:38:31 2018 | blackguy: !!!!!
    Thu Nov 1 20:38:38 2018 | blackguy: don't be racist
    Thu Nov 1 20:38:53 2018 | blackguy: are you a french whore or a russian president? Putin can be both
    Thu Nov 1 20:40:00 2018 | blackguy: aaw putin ragequit
    Thu Nov 1 20:40:21 2018 | tuta: blackguy, please, rename
    [...]

Back to the topic being inspired by my gay relative I installed mirror doors at the wardrobe facing the foot end of my bed. I can just tell you it is really awesome for at least one person having those two perspectives. Imagine it just for a second when she is on top and you can see your love from the front and back at the same time PLUS your own balls shaking.
    Mirrors give us all pleasure, not a silly argument about questionable names in a silly computer game.

@Cowboy Please keep in mind for what you were really banned. You stole the identity of some innocent player "[RUSS]john-117" and told others you(playing as him) would cheat. I can prove this because you are connecting from the US with the same IP and with different names while he is from Russia. You started your thread with "I have been banned. I did nothing wrong." :smile:

Just stick to the basic rule to not try to be a dick and masters will let you play.

If you guys just love to talk I can suggest again that you join our public discord https://discord.gg/012c19bkwljlWsh3y

Kind Regards,
    Obstriegel

• @Obstriegel said in "BlackGuy" renamed for racist reasons by Tuta:

@SomeGuy You broke rule number 1. You were acting silly about a stupid name change. Why don't you rename to SomeGuy or another name that does not get you into trouble?

Because there's absolutely no reason for that name alone to get me into trouble. If it's my behavior that gets me into trouble, fine. But there is nothing wrong with being black, so there's nothing wrong with having "Black" in a nickname. Treat the crime, not the identity.

You are allowed to express your religious believes if you want to but when you aggressively try to pm people saying "read the Bible/Quran or whatever" effectively annoying people we will take measures as we did before.

Makes sense, good rule. But I wasn't doing this. I wasn't spewing propaganda or harassing anyone with my blackness.

all I asked was an explanation which I never got.

There is a big problem with "blackguy" I saw in the logs.
    This name was used before to massively teamkill people and trying to evade the automatic TK-bans.

Ah. That. It's true I was trolling a teamkiller by teamkilling him back. Shouldn't have done that, my bad. My apologies. I'm starting to understand now, but why is it only now that this surfaces? I was renamed (over an hour after the teamkilling!) from BlackGuy to ArabGuy, I never linked that to the teamkills. The time difference also makes me doubt that @tuta renamed me because of the teamkills, given the time difference and the fact he never even once mentioned teamkilling to me...
    To be honest you also cherry-picked the logs to make me look more like an idiot. The part I was referring is the part that follows, where I was trying to engage in a civilised discussion to clear my confusion, but all I got was a "shut up or I'll mute you" from @tuta, but anway...

I'm also wondering, how does a rename to "ArabGuy" make it better? I can sort-of understand a rename to "unnamed", but I don't see how teamkilling with "Arab" in name is less problematic then with "Black" in name.

I understand the whole "using a minority name and being a dick to cause trouble" issue. (This wasn't my intent btw, my name is my name, the teamkills are unrelated).

Why not just kick/jail? for teamkilling? Best way to stop it, avoids confusion like this.)

I want to thank you @Obstriegel for being open for civilised debate,
    rather then telling me to "go out and choke pigeons" - @tuta.
    Being open for discussion and some form of accountability goes a long way in establishing mutual respect between masters and players, Regardless of "Hausrecht". Maybe something you could consider adding to your private guidelines for master.

• Masters

Why do I go to the forum? I enjoy - Obst opens his amazing side of talent ...)
    @SomeGuy simple question. Will you continue to use the name "BlackGuy"?

• @julia said in "BlackGuy" renamed for racist reasons by Tuta:

Why do I go to the forum? I enjoy - Obst opens his amazing side of talent ...)
    @SomeGuy simple question. Will you continue to use the name "BlackGuy"?

I guess so, no one has demonstrated a reason against it that I consider valid.
    A honest question for you: how would you feel if someone was telling you that you can't use the name "aWoman" (sorry for gender-asuming you :p)? Or even worse, renamed you to "aMan"?