[Pasta Delivery] Auto-balance

• There was some demand for the auto-balance thing so here's my pastabulous mod, freshly off the stove:

https://github.com/benzomatic/spaghettimod-extra/blob/master/script/std/autobalance.lua

How it works: it compares team player counts periodically and once it detects uneven teams, will carefully (randomly) choose the most distinguished of Pastafarians (players with least frags) that will be gently put into a hand-selected (the other) team - but only after they were fragged and are dead anyways. I think that's a pretty soft approach and allows for a seamless teamswitching experience.

If this takes too long, nobody gets fragged or the teams are too unbalanced, some bottom players may be "balasagned" - which just means that they're switched into the other team but without suiciding, still keeping them alive and well.
    Flagholders will never be balanced, and neither will top fraggers/flag scorers, so this way you can avoid having to join the other side during the dark ages of unbalance.

I did some testing beforehand but should it be implemented, i would appreciate any feedback or thoughts on where or what to improve :slight_smile:

• Masters

@benzomatic "players with least frags". Is this a number of frags in this game? This means that one player can switch between teams indefinitely)

• @julia Well, keep in mind that players will leave, join, go to spectator or switch teams by themselves, so i think chances that you keep getting switched by already sparse autobalance actions are relatively low. For the balance to kick in and switch the same player, the teams would also have to be repeatedly unbalanced (two players difference or more) on opposite sides in one game, which is really rare.
    Doing it like this still makes the most sense because other players that have done relatively much more for the team by scoring and fragging shouldn't just be switched out all of a sudden. Nevertheless i think just experimenting around with it will show if there is room for improvement, and your feedback during testing will be important

• Masters

@benzomatic Sounds like a MAGNIFICENT Mod!! Many thanks for the effort put into it, I for one would like to see it given a try. I get tired of reminding the sheeples that they are TOOO STOOOOPID to balance. Huge thanks!!!

Noli nothis permittere te terere

• Masters

@Shag I wonder if we can get rid of some of these woeful Maps while we are at it??? garden, gubo, killcore, and the mbt's could all disappear in 2019 and we would be VERY happy eh?

Noli nothis permittere te terere

• Masters

@Shag you can have time to write a letter to Santa Claus)

• autobalance... was never a good idea.

only another thing for the weak to cry about.

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• I would not be against this mod.... Im usually against change, but this could help things...

If we could also keep teams from match to match, as well as using rank to help even out teams as players enter the game, this could bring a new level of team loyalty to the game, make wins feel more valuable in my opinion.

I am against getting rid of any maps. We have a voting system for a reason. If its not a good map, it wouldnt get voted in.

• Masters

WE MISS STAR

• SPEAK FOR URSELF

• Masters

Oh we are many miu. trust me, we are many.

• while being gay missing me, listen to some elevator music
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gXrS6eKfjk

"It was Back Door Sluts # 9." (The Return of the Fellowship of the ring to the Two Towers)

• FAG

0_1546983944448_bergold_knecht.png

• Masters

@DipShitStar Good album!

• Masters

@DipShitStar screw you sir i am going home.