Le mapbattle

• administrators

We have mapbattle now in Pastaland!

• Wtf is mapbattle?
      It's a way to suggest and choose a map
    • Htf does it work?
      During the game type at the chat prompt:
      /map <mapname>
      to suggest a map. Won't work if you are in spectator mode, and be careful not to misspell the map name. For example:
      /map reissen
      will suggest the reissen map to be played next.
    • Then what?
      At the end of the match your map will battle with the next map in the rotation list or other maps suggested by other users, if any. Voting for the map is extremely simple, just type 1 or 2 at the chat prompt to vote for the 1st or the 2nd map in the battle.
      Give it a try, it's easier than it seems.

Have fun! ;)

• Its been working very well so far.

• Masters

As master, what command will you use to change the map now?

• administrators

@Springbok put the game mode to "veto" and choose the map either by the graphical user interface or by typing /map <mapname>

• it's only master to veto and you use to change map right. I hate bad voted map: xenon, tortuga, suburb, sacrifice, evilness. i need voted under map.

• Is mapbattle working? Sometimes I submit maps for battle and nothing comes up at the end of round? and sometimes it works....Does it needs two ppl to submit before it comes up or something? Been seeing too many maps repeating after 2-3 rounds.

• Masters

Shijiko, it may be that you did not get the name of the Map exactly right...... If you get it right you should get a confirmation that your Map is added too the Battle...... Gustavo may have more ideas.... I do hope there is not a Max of 2 Maps for the "Vote"... if thats the case then we will have endless Dust2 SHIT!

Noli nothis permittere te terere

• nope i totally got the name right, if i don't it gives a "wtf did u type" error.

• Masters

Gustavo, any ideas?

• administrators

@Shag no, not really :-/ I'll try and look into that.

• one reason might be, that you are unspecced due to inactivity. upon which your vote is removed.
    the mapbattle was designed so that only one vote would be sufficient to init a mapbattle.
    another reason could be, that there are more than 2 votes and your vote wasn't chosen to take part in the battle.

• administrators

Edit: it's Saturday night here, and I'm talking about a slightly unrelated issue... @Star you know what? I think I've got it. The problem happens only for the "sudden death", when both maps get the same nr of votes. I just need to make the autospec a little longer than 30 secs.

• @GustavoLapasta I was autospec-ed while deciding which map to vote .. im so sorry i am this slow at times :D

• Masters

cs4, Gustavo thinks it may be an issue with the Map Battle "Draw" and extended time to choose... goes over the 30 second auto spec for inactivity... he will change the 30 secs

• Right. I'll make it something like 35 seconds or so. I need to restart the server for that, I'll just wait a couple of hours for the first ddos attack to come, so I can restart without interrupting games...

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @ZahariaHome makes no sense...