VPN whitelist

• Hi, I would like to get whitelisted with my VPN. I got myself a VPN subscription recently with Cyberghost. I would like to keep using my VPN when playing sauerbraten but apparently I cannot connect to your server whilst connected to my VPN. I would like to state that I've been playing this game since July 2008 and I auth from eihrul.

• Masters

I think @Obstriegel decided to introduce the vpn ban and I am in favour of it. It can be used for cheaters to change their IP and continue their trolling. I would suggest to use your normal network to play there

• Basically means no. Thank you guys for your vote of confidence, I really appreciate it...

• Masters

No worries. Glad we helped

• @wanderer the VPN ban is a module that will check any new ip against a public proxy blacklist through an API, and so it rids the servers of anonymous proxies which have been abused for cheating in the past.

Nevertheless, i think when obst implemented this module, there was also some kind of bypass mechanism with an auth key or something to deal with exactly the case you describe, to make an exception for trustworthy VPN users like you.

I am not entirely sure how he does it, but i would encourage you to notify Obstriegel on discord, as he might be able to help you.

• Masters

@benzomatic good luck with that!

Noli nothis permittere te terere